Most common cause of suicide is depression:
Depression is an illness. However its results in feelings of extreme sadness that interfere with your daily life. However often the terms clinical depression and depressive illness are also used to describe depression.
Teen depression is a serious mental health problem that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in activities. It affects however your teenager thinks, feels and behaves, and it can cause emotional, functional and physical problems.
- A depressive disorder is a mood disorder that is characterized by a sad, blue mood that goes above and beyond normal sadness or grief.
- A depressive disorder is a clinical syndrome, meaning a group of symptoms.
- Depressive disorders feature not only negative thoughts, moods, and behaviours but also specific changes in bodily functions (like, eating, sleeping, energy and sexual activity, as well as potentially developing aches or pains).
- Because depression can lead to self-harm including suicide, it is important to note that one of every 25 suicide attempts results in death.
- Some types of depression, especially bipolar type run in families.
- While there are many social, psychological, and environmental risk factors for developing depression, some are particularly prevalent in one gender or the other, or in particular age or ethnic groups.
- There can be some differences in signs and symptoms of depression depending on age, gender, and ethnicity.
- For full recovery from a mood disorder and regardless of whether there is a precipitating factor or it seems to come out of the blue, treatments with medication, phototherapy and/or brain stimulation therapies, like electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) or transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), as well as psychotherapy and participation in support groups are often necessary.
- In the future, through depression research and education, we will continue to improve treatments as well as decrease society’s burden, and hopefully improve prevention of this illness.
trouble focusing or concentrating
loss of interest in pleasurable or fun activities
sleep issues (too much or too little)
craving unhealthy foods
Most common cause of suicide is depression. Once you have identified the symptoms, do not leave yourself unattended. Find the right ways to come out of depression. However some basic but crucial action points have been listed below:
- Consult a psychiatrist.
- Follow prescribed medication and therapy.
- Talk to somebody you trust about how you feel.
- Try taking up a new hobby, even if it seems hard.
- Avoid being alone.